Thursday, 27 August 2009

Strictly Contestant in Cheat Storm!!!! *Rolls eyes*

Oh, pur-lease - have you seen the video? After a couple of hours training with any choreographer, I could do everything Ricky Whittle is doing in that - except maybe the lift at the end. All it proves is that Ricky probably has the rhythm and energy for a half decent jive!

But as usual, let's all get hysterical about an actor - who probably attended stage school, same as most of the other actors and actresses who ever competed on Strictly - having prior experience. In cavorting about a stage to Footloose - *casts mind back 30 years and - oh, yes, there's me and my mates doing the same thing* Pathetic.

The first two contestants in Canada's SYTYCD have been eliminated, and there's the sad news that lengendary tap dancer Ernest Brown has died, aged 93.

In the world of Dancing on Ice, Melinda Messenger and Suzanne Shaw are said to be competing for the vacant judges position, whilst two Hollyoaks stars, Gemma Merna and Jennifer Metcalfe have been spotted training with Karen Barber. And there's a rumour on a blog that I've seen nowhere else, suggesting that celebrated former England goalie, Peter Shilton will be taking part in the next series!

5 comments:

  1. It was a 2 minute routine for Comic Relief people!! It's hardly the same as years of trining in ballroom and latin - now that I would agree would give you an advantage! ;o)

    We're up and running with the music choices now Scatty - some good ones already! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil Tufnell was England Wicket Keeper he's in it isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't sign in foxy! And I've got a blinding samba to share if I can blip it onto the scd board!

    Hiya Ei2g, yeah - the Cat is paired with Katya - and me and foxy reckon he'll do well - even if he can't dance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even listen to those who whine about unfair advantages anymore. Athletes understand how to train, actors understand how to perform, yada yada yada.

    Even if they've had dance training before, ballroom and Latin style competitive dancing is a completely different animal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, my sentiments exactly - I've started to switch off form those sort of reports now, we get them every year!

    ReplyDelete