Saturday, 15 August 2009

Dancing On Ice: It Takes Two!

Only, I'm sure they won't actually call it that - but ITV are giving Dancing on Ice a half hour magazine show on Friday nights during the run *Yippee* no, double yippee, because I'm sad and don't go out on Fridays anymore. Or Saturdays. Or ... anyway - Yippee! And they're also looking fo a new judge, Ruthie having slipped away very quietly - wasn't pushed, see.

Kele Baker, Argentinian Tango coach for Strictly Come Dancing for the past three years, is lending her expertise to a new show at Southwark Playhouse, a production of Sartre's No Way Out (No, not the Kevin Costner/Gene Hackman film). It's an interesting and informative article, especially where she sheds light on the difference in some of the performances we see on SCD, saying the actors (here) "bring the ability to colour the movement based on character and emotion ... sometimes, dancers are more focused on perfecting the technique.’ I think we saw that a lot last year, didn't we!

No comments:

Post a Comment