Thursday, 13 August 2009

Arlene, Camilla, Latoya ... and Alistair.

Arlene is making herself useful by helping the Government initiate a drive to fitness via dancing - with Lisa Snowdon, Angela Rippon and Darren Bennett also on board (although I can't say Darren Bennet will be thrilled at being called an ex Strictly contestant - so I'm thinking they may mean Darren Gough?!)

Camilla is also doing her bit for charity, with a sponsored dance challenge in aid of Marie Curie Cancer Care, at Cardiff City Halls in November.

Latoya Jackson is said to be considering Dancing With The Stars - which is far bigger news now than it would have been a few months ago - having said that, I think she'd be a great contestant; do any of the Jacksons NOT possess that fantastic rhythm?

And this is a very interesting article from someone who appears to be completely against any form of dance that doesn't stick to the basic rules! There's room for everything, surely!

2 comments:

  1. Mr Macaulay should check his facts. SYTYCD is not a ballroom dancing show, and the dancers are not exclusively ballroom dancers. While it is clear he is not a fan of the evolution of modern ballroom dancing, he uses SYTYCD incorrectly as an example.

    SYTYCD is a show that pulls young dancers from multiple genres. They audition for the show, and those who make it dance in many random styles to secure the popular vote. The winner is named America's Favorite Dancer. A contemporary dancer won this last season.

    Oh well. I'm in it for the fun and entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too - you wouldn't be surprised to know that some Strictly Come Dancing fans feel the same as him, but I'm with you on the fun and entertainment. From what I've seen, I'm pretty sure Jeanine would've been my favourite.

    Can't wait for the next season - looking forward to your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete