I thought I ought to tell you more about this, having witnessed some of the routines via a fellow blogger's blog - Trav's Thoughts - where he kindly gives a full rundown of the final. They are totally fab - and if the SCD contestants want to know how to emote during their performances, they won't go far wrong in checking these out. Although I don't think we'll see the SCD contestants being quite so emotive *ahem* if you get my drift!
There's a mix of ballroom (not strictly a waltz as we know it!) latin and what I'd describe as contemporary ballet, plus, my favourite - a hip hop routine to Neyo's Mad. Choreography is all - this is the show that rivals DWTS in the Emmy's in respect of gongs for the professionals.
If you scroll right to the bottom of Trav's post, check out the Brandon audition and see if you agree with me - Nigel Lythgoe and Frank Skinner are related, surely? And watch the Jeanine vid - it's not long but you have to see the pirouette!
From what I've gathered, the auditionees are whittled down to a final twenty, who perform solo and with each other in different pairs over the course of the show, choreographed by professionals, with the usual mix of judges and public vote. Cat Deeley presents the show - this was the fifth series and guess what - a new one starts soon! Along with DWTS and SCD and Oh! My! God! I would like to eat sometime ... so I'll paste my pick of the vids - Strictly alone will have a running commentary. This is the official website for more info, knock yourselves out!
No comments:
Post a Comment