I went out on Sunday and missed the main show, although I did watch the results - am therefore reviewing the clips off the DOI website in full possession of the result but without the benefit/hindrance of the incriminating/discriminating VTs and quite probably in a complete different order to how they skated!
Kieranne - the much improved lad skates on, big lifts, acting skills to the fore, good speed over the ice, couple of scrappy bits didn't dent the overall performance, landed the jumps. Score: 18.5
Hayliel with another top notch performance to a fab song, she's the only one really nailing every element in terms of technique and performance in the same routine. Score: 26
Mikanie started off looking ok, considering the huge fall, fell off the knee thingies but I wouldn't have said it was the major disaster they seemed to imply in the catch up, a few wobbles certainly and clearly he'd be bottom of the leaderboard - did the jumps and obviously the BZ massive weren't going to let him down because of one 'off' week.
Mattiella - this was decidedly better than the skate off performance, she looked like she was enjoying it as usual but the steppy nature of it meant less fluidity, more technique and less crowd pleasing, hence the result. Thankfully she did enough - sorry Daniella, I went out for a curry - will try not to again! The song sounded better this time too, more oomph, it's an updated version - I'd drifted back to the hazy days of '71 before, thinking what next, Chris? Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep? Those Were The Days? Please God, no. Score: 22
Dannie finally breaks through the 17 barrier! Best song of the night, fantastic jump, still not particularly musical but an intricate and confident routine with terrific lifts. Score: 22
Fremily looking more confident, performance level not quite up with the rest but a good routine, big lift, did the jump, just a little stumble at the end. Score: 18.5 her best; goes out on the high note.
Garia - loved the Olympic theme throughout, a real sense of the competition, couple of stutters and while it was fast itself, Gary could have a been a bit stronger in the feel of speed, if that makes sense?! Score: 21
Official Results:
Emily Atack was the eighth celebrity to leave the competition. Emily and Danniella Westbrook found themselves in the bottom two with the lowest combined scores from the judges and the public vote. Judges Karen, Jason, Emma and Robin voted to save Danniella.
On hearing the news Emily said: “I’ve had the most unbelievable time. It’s changed my life, my attitude, it’s given me so much discipline. I’ve had the best (skating) partner; I’ve made a friend for life. It’s been such a privilege working with Jayne and Chris."
First up was Boyzone’s Mikey Graham and partner Melanie Lambert who skated to Dancing In The Dark (Bruce Springsteen) scoring 13.5 out of 30, his lowest score of the series. Philip asked Mikey if he hurt himself. He said: “No complaints, it is what it is.”
Robin Cousins (scored 2.5): “It is a very difficult performance there was so much more effort. The jumps happened so that is some good news, but I don’t have to point it out everybody could see all the mistakes that happened throughout. It is one of those things, you have go and put it behind you. If you get the chance to come back then you can prove to myself and everybody else what you have worked for.”
Jason Gardiner (scored 2.5): “It’s a shame as you looked like you were dancing in the dark mate with all those stumbles, I mean it wasn’t a good week for you but you know that. This isn’t the progression we were hoping for and hopefully if you are around next week you will be the Mikey that we all love and know.”
Karen Barber (scored 3): “I saw Mikey just take the fall before it went live on air and I was really concerned that all wasn’t well. That performance reflected that things aren’t right and we will get that sorted out, but that’s not the Mikey I know.”
Actress Danniella Westbrook and skating partner Matthew Gonzalez skated to Rose Garden (KD Lang) and scored 22 out of 30. She said: “I ripped my hamstring on Friday night so I have it all taped up but that’s ice skating that’s what it is all about and at 36 I’m lucky to be out there at all.”
Emma Bunton (scored 4.5): “Every week you do come out and give it everything and I love that child like no fear kind of attitude it’s brilliant, but it kind of missed that sparkle for me. I think because you had so much content you were thinking about it more than usual and I think that’s why it wasn’t as special for me.”
Karen Barber (scored 5): “I thought it was great there was a lot of content, it was very together very precise. OK the element wasn’t strong but it was still there, but for me it was a great performance I really enjoyed it.”
Jason Gardiner (scored 3.5): “I do disagree because I am looking at it from a performance angle and this week it stayed at one level. There were a lot of things lacking for me and I know you can do better.”
Hollyoaks actor Kieron Richardson and partner Brianne Delcourt skated to Careless Whisper (George Michael) and scored 18.5 out of 30. Talking about his fall earlier in the week, Kieron said: “This week has just been absolute hell and I am not going to lie I am quite vein and it did disappoint me. I had a massive scab (on my lip) and I ripped it off because I care what I look like. The jumps were obviously a lot better (earlier in the week) and I was happy with what I did then.”
Nicky Slater (scored 3.5): “What I am seeing from you is a transformation from the guy in pink Lycra who said I’m too weak to do the lifts, to somebody who has who has inner steel. You skated out very quickly and then there were a couple of stutters but you didn’t let it put you off, that show’s character. The lifts are good, you are covering the ice well and you daring to go for the difficult lifts.
Emma Bunton (scored 4): “I really feel you have made such an amazing progress, you can tell you are physically shaking and I am not surprised after the fall in the week. I enjoy watching you, you are so fast on the ice and you are getting there with the confidence, I enjoy watching you.”
Robin Cousin (scored 3.5): “The speed for a start, the way you are attacking it is great, you were visibly shaking right the way through it. You could of easily said no and just barley left the ice but you made the attempt and you went for it which was good.”
Next up was actress Emily Atack and skating partner Fred Palascak skated to Da Doo Ron Ron (The Crystals) and scored 18.5 out of 30, her highest score of the series so far. She said: “I am at that stage now where nothing can hold me back and I really enjoyed that.”
Karen Barber (scored 3.5): “That was your most challenging routine so far and the lifts were as strong as ever. The jump was done with confidence, it was just the end and I deducted a bit but overall great performance well done.”
Jason Gardiner (scored 3): “Emily the thing about you which is really annoying is that I don’t see a performance from you still. We are so far into the competition and there is just nothing. Your movements and your chorography are very lazy, I don’t know what more to say to you.”
Emma Barber (scored 4): “I disagree as I think tonight you put in the performance and also with that lift it just shows you are gaining in confidence. You trust your partner, so well done Emily you have definitely improved.”
Actor Danny Young and skating partner Frankie Poultney skated to Yeah Yeah (Georgie Fame) and scored 22 out of 30, his highest score of the series. He said “I am over the moon, I am so happy.”
Karen Barber (scored 4.5) “You know when we had that schedule, that extra session he was concerned that people would think that he could not skate. All it was, was to bring to your attention the detail that was missing in your performance, and you know what it was all there tonight. That is the best I have seen you skate.”
Nicky Slater (scored 4.5) “2.5 last week 4.5 this week. It was a touch held back for me but the jump was so super I gave you an extra 0.5. The big lift was super, this is a massive break through for you.”
Actress Hayley Tamaddon and partner Daniel Whiston skated to Don’t Stop Believin (Glee Cast) scoring 25.5 out of 30. Phillip asked her if she was feeling the pressure. Hayley replied: “Absolutely, I feel it more and more every week.”
Robin Cousins (scored 5): “You have always been a great performer from week one. You were giving it everything up top and not really worried about the feet. Finally tonight the skating matched the performance. Two tiny little glitches but in terms of the performance and the quality of what you are now doing with your feet you are getting there young lady, it was great to see.”
Emma Bunton (scored 5) “I loved it once again and I think you are so lucky to have each other because it’s such a big part of this show, is being able to trust your partner. The security you have with each other that allows you to push yourself, and that makes it exciting for me and you never forget about us as an audience, and that is what makes it great.”
Actor Gary Lucy and partner Maria Filippov were next and skated to The Race (Yello) scoring 21 out of 30. He said “It was so fast and I am absolutely exhausted but it was wicked.”
Nicky Slater (scored 4.5): “Gosh it was so fast. What you have to learn is deepen those edges and control it. I wanted to give this a much higher mark but there were stutters and also the catching of the edges because you found yourself going so fast, but a great routine.”
Jason Gardiner (scored 4): “First of all I would like to say is that this is not an easy routine to put a performance in too. What I would of liked with the music is this real sense of urgency and excitement, and to get the pulse racing, I didn’t get enough of that.”
Robin Cousins (scored 4) “I think because you have the talent Chris and Jayne push you to this level. It was a very difficult ask and when you are mirroring a partner like Maria who is doing every move as she would of done for how many years, is going to be tough, but it was a good effort.”
See Dancing on Ice, ITV1, Sundays and Fridays.
No comments:
Post a Comment