Hayley Tamaddon was crowned the Dancing On Ice champion 2010 beating Gary Lucy to the title.
After six months of gruelling training, spending close to 600 hours on the ice, and having been whittled down from 14, the three remaining celebrities Gary Lucy Kieron Richardson and Hayley Tamaddon battled it out in the final of Dancing on Ice.
The three finalists’ first performance involved flying and then each celebrity performed their favourite routine from the series.
Everything was about the public vote and while the judges gave marks, these didn’t count and it was down to the public to determine who won.
The celebrities each performed two routines and then there was a public vote. Kieron Richardson was the first celebrity to be knocked out and missed out on performing the Bolero.
Kieron said: “I have had the best experience of my life.”
Skating one final time was Hayley and Dan with their version of the Bolero, Hayley said: “Amazing, thank you.”
On getting to the final two and skating the Bolero Gary said: “Absolutely amazing and thank you for giving me the opportunity.”
Below are details on each performance and the judges comments:
Kieron Richardson and partner Brianne skated to One Day Like This (Elbow). The judges awarded them a total of 24 points out of 30, his highest in the series.
Kieron said: “It’s a lot harder up there then it is down on the ice.”
Robin Cousins said (scored 5):“I was very worried in rehearsal as I thought it was showing a lot of ungainliness, but somehow tonight you delivered a very strong and confident performance.”
Emma Bunton said (scored 5): “I am such a fan and you should be so proud of yourself tonight, your posture was fantastic, for me you are like a different person and you should be so proud, in fact your posture is better up there, it was great.”
Jason Gardiner said (scored 4.5 ): “Surprisingly I was expecting to hate this but I didn’t. I think there were moments particularly off the ice you were great and ultimately you’re presentation has improved.”
Hayley and partner Dan skated to Songbird (Eva Cassidy). The judges gave them a total of points 29 out of 30.
Hayley said: “That felt unbelievable I feel like a fairy on a Christmas tree that was brilliant.”
An emotional Emma Bunton said (scored 6): “I feel emotional as I know how hard you have worked for this and you are doing this with one of your best friends, and it was just magical.”
Robin Cousins said (scored 6): “Absolutely beautiful and from the first moment when you look into each others eyes, I believe it is a love story on the ice, and the way you present every change of movement in the air is fantastic.”
Gary and partner Maria skated to Starman (David Bowie). The judges gave them a total of 24.5 points out of 30.
Gary said: “That is every boys dream to be out there.”
Karen Barber said (scored 5): “I will be honest the beginning of the week was a nightmare for everybody not just you, we looked at each other today, Jayne and myself and we went how did that happen, and suddenly you got it together, and it was fantastic, well done both of you.”
Jason Gardiner said (scored 4.5): “We are still in a competition and obviously there were things that were wrong with that, but you know what I will give you some credit, I wasn’t expecting you to do as well as you would. You’ve proved that actually you have a little bit of grace there.”
For their second performance, Kieron and Brianne chose to skate to Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn’t Have) (Buzzcocks). The judges awarded them 24.5 points out of 30.
Kieron said: “I really enjoyed.”
Nicky Slater said (scored 5 ): “I have always loved they way you commit yourself and attack your pieces you are given, you really sold it for me.”
Emma Bunton said (scored 5): “I felt like that was fearless you put everything into your performance, I know as you said you probably got a bit excited, but sometimes it goes a bit messy but I can’t fault you on performance.”
For their second performance Hayley and Dan skated to Jai Ho (A R Rahman featuring The Pussycat Dolls). The judges awarded them a total of 30 points out of 30.
Hayley said: “It was amazing I love this so much.”
Robin Cousins said (scored 6): “There is nothing worse in having to repeat yourself and what was great about tonight was you didn’t deliver what you did a few weeks ago, but it was better than a few weeks ago because it was tighter and maybe because it’s the final you were more focussed, but the arms and the timing you both had was absolutely flawless.”
An emotional Karen Barber said (scored 6): “Could it get any better, it did and the clarity of your movements are amazing. On our first session you said that you were going to work hard and you kept that promise, well done.”
For their second performance, Gary and Maria chose to skate to What about Now (Daughtry). The judges gave them a total of 25 points out of 30.
Gary said: “It was beautiful and it is a lovely song and hopefully it will not be our last one.”
Jason Gardiner said (scored 4.5):”For me you are very easy to watch, you skate beautifully but you are unable to commit to any emotion in your performance. You talk about doing this for your daughter, talk about milking the kiddy card (boo’s from the audience).”
Robin Cousins said (scored 5):”I have said all a long you have been one of, if not the strongest technically we have had in the show. You will not compete against Hayley on overall performance but what you did tonight was like Chris said you delivered with some passion and you believed in what you were doing, and that is why three of us gave you what we deserved.”
No comments:
Post a Comment