Actress Hayley Tamaddon and partner Daniel Whiston skated to In My Life (Bette Midler) and scored 27.5 out of 30. Hayley said: “Honestly It’s petrifying. I can’t explain how it feels to not be with Dan every step of the way. I loved it.”
Robin Cousins(scored 6) “It was beautifully placed tonight and the one thing I picked up on was that there was absolutely no change in the quality when Dan joined you. It was nice and serene and controlled. You had everything right tonight for me. Very nicely done young lady.”
Nicky Slater (scored 5) “Well done for you. It was precise, poised, and your presentation is beautiful but your skating is slow over the ice. It’s more difficult to skate and do those movements when you’re skating fast and it’s slow. When you come together as a couple you have a lot more speed. You are a dancer on ice for me at the moment, you’re not a skater on ice yet. I think that’s the next level I’d like to see you move to. “
Jason Gardiner (scored 5.5) “Its called Dancing on Ice and that’s exactly what you do, absolutely incredible. You started off and I didn’t even worry about it and this is what we are looking for with this required element. There’s nowhere to hide in this solo spot. And for me you two moved so beautifully together, beautiful lines, it’s perfectly pitched, it was a sublime performance. For me though there were just some little moments when I would have liked some more release and some unfurling, particularly in the back drape movement. Otherwise exemplary.”
Actor Gary Lucy and partner Maria Filippov skated to You and Me Song (The Wannadies) and scored 24.5 out of 30. Gary said: “I’m just so relived, I didn’t trip, I didn’t drop Maria, I didn’t take the cameraman out. It went well! It was great!”
Emma Bunton (scored 5) “I’m so happy with you today you came out here and gave your all. Your performances are definitely getting much better. Sometimes you look a little self conscious that’s maybe the problem. Your solo was strong, you’re a strong partner and you’re starting to excite me and that’s great. “
Karen Barber (4.5) “For me you’ve have come such a long way. You were always very solid in the lifts, your skating ability I can’t fault it. For me you are on your toes a little bit, the lines were slightly off. Otherwise a strong performance, well done Gary .”
Jason Gardiner (scored 4.5) “What can I say Gary you’re like skating valium to me. I have been here every week asking you to give me a performance, there’s no dynamism, no thrill in any of your presentation. The punches up in the air, they were quite pathetic as well. You’re a good looking boy but you’re so boring. There’s more energy and personality in your VT than you brought to the performance tonight.”
Actress Danniella Westbrook and skating partner Matthew Gonzalez skated to When Love Takes Over (David Guetta – featuring Kelly Rowland), and scored 23 out of 30. Danniella said: “I’m just so proud of myself for coming out and doing it on my own. I’m not a natural skater and I’m over the moon.”
Nicky Slater (scored 4) “Your presentation, as ever was super in places. You generate energy in your dance movement but it’s static and your skating skills are tentative by comparison to some of the others. This evening we’re looking at skating skills first, from my point of view, and that is why my mark is not quite so high.”
Karen Barber (scored 5) “The skating skills are there, there was a little slip but that wasn’t Danniella, that was Matt. But there was a lot about that, there was a very confident solo section, which was really good.”
Emma Bunton (scored 5) “ There is something about your performances that give me tingles. I get excited when you’re dancing. I think your spiral could have been better, you’re a little bit unsteady sometimes, but performance wise it makes me smile and you give me tingles.”
Hollyoaks actor Kieron Richardson and partner Brianne Delcourt -skated to Time of Your Life (Green Day) and scored 23 out of 30. Kieron said: “After those three guys over there who have been absolutely amazing, it was a really tough act to follow. To get 23 (points), I’m just amazed. I quite like skating on my own, sorry Brianne”
Jason Gardiner (scored 4) “Lets break it down; the solo spot, I thought you performed it rather ugly. Yes you skate very well, but it was your arm movements and presentation that really let you down. Particularly because you were on your own and we got to see your arm movements, and a lot of them were gratuitous and pointless, there was no expression it that. In the death spiral you weren’t counterbalancing that and giving a continuously line with Brianne by using your free arm, it was anesthetised. Sorry, I was not impressed.”
Karen Barber (scored 5) “We have watched you grow Kieron not only in strength but in confidence. There was so much in that routine, you were doing some of the hardest things you’ve done so far. For me it was one of your best performances.”
Danniella Westbrook was the eleventh celebrity to leave the competition. Danniella and Gary Lucy found themselves in the bottom two with the lowest combined scores from the judges and the public vote.
On hearing the news she said: “Too come this far is amazing, it’s been an absolute journey. Chris and Jayne the reason I joined this show was to skate with you.”
No comments:
Post a Comment