Sunday, 28 March 2010

Dancing on Ice: The Final

Opening with a Torvill and Dean Bolero spectacular, the Johan Strauss Orchestra and aerial silks. If this were a circus it would have been billed a death defying routine, as Jayne and Chris rely on body strength and a bit of fabric to soar across the studio. Completely awesome routine, unbelievable (Phil says it twice!) Incredible. Another beautiful frock for Holly. The required element,as we all know, is flying.

Jason's tie appears to have an erection. A sideways one.

First out, Kieranne - the training VT shows the strength of their friendship now - they're dancing to Morning Sun, I think it's called. I thought he controlled it very well and kept his arms and hands elegant. Well done! Score: 24 his highest score!

Emma's eyelashes have developed their own weather system. There were news reports of another snowy period, it's over in Elstree.

Hayliel. Why would you eat just before, knowing you're going on up on the wire? Liking the look of the signature move, pretty striking. the transition into it was a bit untidy though and it was a nice performance, but apart from that move and the travelling somersaults, a touch repetitive I thought. Score: 29. But what do I know. Well, not the song for a start. Anyone?

Garia, LOL, loving the Superman - oooh a bit of torso there. Starman the best song so far, slight stutter there, the wire seemed to dip suddenly. But there was more of an atmosphere (no pun intended. Oh, who am I kidding.) during that performance. Score: 24.5 his best.

Kieranne are doing Ever Fallen in Love, all punked up again. Good move! A little bit raggedy in places but it isn't about technique tonight. Bags of energy. Score: 24.5 his highest score and he's cut again! Is Nicky sneakily reading this - that's exactly the word I used!

Hayliel and Jai Ho - I never want to see the headbanger Hayley, btw! Incredible, really that one routine is deserving of the title. A slight off on the third spin, but the timing is phenomenal. Score: 30 perfect score again. Karen's a bit emotional, she just managed to finish speaking!

Garia are doing What About Now and it's a lovely routine again, his speed across the across the ice, he's very strong and full of emotion again. Score: 25 his best again! Oh yes, giving Jason some grief, that's gotta be worth a vote! Get in there Robin, disagreeing with Jason. Luvverly jubberly.

It's over to us now, there's no points from the judges! Lines closed! They're all ready for Bolero, who's missing out: It's Kieranne, aw. The journey man doesn't make it. I know I complain about this every year, but why can't they let them do their Bolero as a consolation?

The skating stars return, Sinitta brave,but not showing yet has a little stumble, as does Bobby. Jeremy and Tana are more relaxed, Heather does well. Dr.Hilary is faster! Sharron happy with Pavel, Emily sassy, Mikey brings the fun, Danny's topless *fans self* Daniella goes stalker!

Hayliel's Bolero is a beautiful, intricate and flowing routine, they nailed the scissor lift that time. Really, that was quite breathtaking. Robin's a big fan.

Garia's Bolero showcases Gary's excellent skating skills, a complete contrast of the tricks and lifts of Hayliel, his intent and focus on Maria was awesome.

In the immortal words of Donny and Marie "I'm leaving it all ... up to yoo...ooo...ooou!"

Where's Philip? Is he still in the loo? Nerves got to him? Oh, there he is! With the contestants we're going through best bits. This is it, says Phil.

The Dancing on Ice Champion 2010 is ... Hayliel!

No comments:

Post a Comment