Monday, 8 March 2010

Dancing on Ice Official Result and Comments

Mikey Graham was the ninth celebrity to leave the competition. Mikey and Danniella Westbrook found themselves in the bottom two with the lowest combined scores from the judges and the public vote. Judges Karen Barber, Emma Bunton and Robin Cousins voted to save Danniella, with Nicky Slater and Jason Gardiner voting to save Mikey.

On hearing the news Mikey said: “There comes a time when it’s time to leave. It’s been the most amazing journey, such an adventure.”

It was Movie Night at Dancing on Ice this week and the award for first topless performance went to Danny Young, while Hayley Tamaddon scooped sixes across the board for the first time this series and received the first ever standing ovation from the judges in the history of the Dancing On Ice.

Actor Danny Young and skating partner Frankie Poultney skated to Gonna Fly Now (Bill Conti (Rocky)) and scored 22.5 out of 30. He performed the routine topless, the first time a contestant has done so.

Danny said: “That felt amazing, it was great. They came into wardrobe and said ‘here’s your costume’ I went ‘Can I have a top?’ and they said no! As an actor, you research your role, get into character. This show’s about entertaining so I got into character the best I could.”

Emma Bunton (scored 4.5) said: “Wow. I though you needed that boost last week because this week you had so much confidence it made your lifts stronger, it made you more fluid it made you focus better. I’m so happy for you, you were like a different person this week, you’re now a contender.”

Jason Gardiner (scored 4.5) said: “I don’t think we’ve ever had that happen before. It was very distracting for me, incredible torso. It was brilliant on so many levels. That was a good move, a really good move! Wow.”

Actress Danniella Westbrook and skating partner Matthew Gonzalez skated to Summer Nights (Olivia Newton-John & John Travolta (Grease!)) and scored 19.5

She said: “The competition’s getting harder, I think it went ok. I couldn’t get my leg out of the float spin. It went ok in rehearsals but I didn’t hit it tonight. But that’s just ice skating isn’t it?”

Karen Barber (scored 4) said: “There are strengths and weaknesses in the routine. Your strengths are you totally commit to the character, there was a lot of good footwork in that. The weakness was the spin was only one and a half rotations and the end of that last spin. So there were little things that brought the mark down. But otherwise it was a good performance

Robin Cousins (scored 4 ) said: “ I thought after last week you were going to be a lot more tentative and this afternoon in the dress rehearsal I thought she’s not going to be able to deliver that confidence that we’ve seen from week one with you. Its not that the scores are going down, you are all skating so much better that Jayne and Chris are giving you more difficult material. Don’t give up on yourself, not yet.”

Emma Bunton (scored 4) said: “You did something every little girl dreams of tonight. You looked gorgeous. The solo spin wasn’t confident, you didn’t execute it very well tonight. Please don’t let last week put you off, you are a strong skater, you are a strong performer and we want to see that strong performance again.”

Boyzone’s Mikey Graham and partner Melanie Lambert skated to When You Say Nothing At All (Ronan Keating (Notting Hill)) scoring 19 out of 30

He said: “Very happy about that. My head is still spinning. It was a busy week but last week was really tough, to have that fall before I went out. I’m really happy with that score tonight to be a new start to climb back up.” Asked about skating to Ronan’s song, Mikey commented: “There was something strangely comforting about it, I’ve heard it so many times before. I felt I was at home.”

Nicky Slater (scored 4) said: “You got an extra point five from me with the spin. The relationship you have has always been positive but I want to see the skating get better. I believe you can skate better than this. You can do better, I’ve seen you skate better than you’re skating at the moment.”

Karen Barber (scored 4) said: “You do try really hard. The spin was very strong. I see a lot of nerves in your legs still. Limited training, injuries, confidence; it’s not great preparation for a live show but next week should be a better week.”

Jason Gardiner (scored 3.5) said: “It was an alright performance, not your greatest. I see you’re really concentrating to stay upright, there’s a lot of times you’re looking at the ice. We’re week nine, come on. This was a romantic piece and you were in and out of those moments.”

Actor Gary Lucy and partner Maria Filippov were next and skated to You Never Can Tell (Chuck Berry (Pulp Fiction)) scoring 20.5 out of 30.

Gary said: “I just had a great time it really brought me out of my shell this week. I did my best I just wish I could have another go at that spin, its just one of those things. Its not something that comes naturally to me.”

Nicky Slater (scored 5) said: “I took point five off for the spin because it wasn’t there. Why I love it so, is it was soft, you related very well together, your skating is superb, you really move over the ice we can all see it. You’re going fast the lifts are secure and strong and I love the confidence and ease over the ice.”

Jason Gardiner (scored 3) said: “For me if you watch this back there were a lot of tiny issues. you started off very well and then you lost it. It became restrained and constrained and you didn’t keep the character going throughout and the required element wasn’t executed. This is week nine, you’ve got to be nailing the required element.”

Robin Cousins (scored 4) said: ”You are Mr Nice Guy, you’ve been really nice throughout the whole thing and we just wanted to get you out of your shell. The skating quality was fantastic but now if we can get a bit more bite and performance out of you it will be fives across the board.”

Hollyoaks actor Kieron Richardson and partner Brianne Delcourt skated to The Pink Panther Theme (Henry Mancini – Royal Philharmonic Orchestra version (The Pink Panther)) and scored 21 out of 30.

Kieron said: “When I was backstage I nearly through in the towel and I’ve got a 21 I can’t believe it! I completely have no confidence in myself but 21 what can I say?!”

Robin Cousins (scored 4) said: “I don’t know if it’s the pink panther it’s more like the tortoise and the hare and the tortoise is coming through big time at the point in the competition where you need to really nail it. You are the first competitor to come out here and deliver with confidence regardless of what might happen. Technically a few glitches but I loved the attack and energy.”

Emma Bunton (scored 4.5) said: ”It was a great fun routine. You’re growing every week I love that you’re putting character into the performance and I’m enjoying it more.”

Actress Hayley Tamaddon and partner Daniel Whiston skated to Jai Ho (A R Rahman featuring The Pussycat Dolls (Slumdog Millionaire)) scoring 30 out of 30, the first six score of the series and a standing ovation from all of the judges.

Hayley said: “Thank you so much that was just the best time of my life, that was unbelievable. Thank you. The four spins had only happened once before so tonight was a fluke.”

Robin Cousins (scored 6) said: “And that’s the first time we’ve spontaneously stood up for a contestant. You took it to another level tonight that I didn’t think you were ready for yet and it was absolutely on the money.”

Jason Gardiner (scored 6) said: “From the minute you stepped on that ice you were in the zone. I just knew it was going to be electrifying and I want to thank you for coming out there and giving us probably one of the best performances we’ve ever seen.”

Nicky Slater (scored 6) said: “I concur, when you’re performing I feel the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. It was so clipped, so sure and powerful and yet with that deft of touch. Absolutely beautiful.”

We start over again, Dancing on Ice, ITV1, Friday and Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment