Saturday, 27 February 2010

Let's Dance for Sport Relief

Joining the lovely Claudia and hunky Steve tonight are comic actor Miranda Hart, last year's runner up Paddy McGuiness and former Strictly contestant Kelly Brook on the panel.

First out, it's CBBC presenters, Sam and Mark, with a camptastic tribute to Wham and Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, which is lots of fun - and some nifty jive too!

Boxers Carl Froch, Johnny Nelson, Duke McKenzie and Tony Jeffries out of their comfort zone but you wouldn't know it - I'm LOL-ing at the VT, Boxers Support Group "living a lie" "I just wanna dance!" From Bugsy Malone, they present Bad Guys (We coulda been anything that we wanted to be) and it's fantastic, what a great performance. Johnny Nelson for Strictly! (Miranda agrees)

Shappi Korsandi does an excellent Toni Basil to Hey Mickey - who turned up too and now she can't breathe, she threw herself into it, an enthusiasm overload!

Debra Stephenson's strangest impression yet - Michael Jackson and Smooth Criminal, in a reversal of the norm - girl dressed as boy star! She's fab, an excellent job - how did she do that lean? Oh, a rope! Still terrific though!

The Weather Girls, Clare, Lara and Becky - and Michael Fish! It's Raining Men, of course - it's a TV Gold moment, as Michael strips his raincoat off, lol.

GMTV's Kate Garraway and Richard Arnold - The Choreographer is after her ... to teach her Born to Hand Jive, they're brilliant; Kate shows what she could've done had she not started in Strictly with two boken legs. Anton will be so proud!

Not as clear cut as last week, could be anyone! I'll let you lot decide. The cast of Priscilla, Queen of the Dessert (that's me!) show off a rather lovely young man in a very small, very tight pair of shorts, which I thought was rather splendid of them. The cycling team demand our attention, quite rightly - see www.bbc.co.uk/letsdance for how to donate.

Gabrielle Cilmi samples Joe Jackson's Steppin' Out - took me the whole song to remember what it was - before The Results are in:

Out: Shappi, the Boxers, Weather Girls.
Straight through: Kate and Richard!
And Debra takes the judges vote (Miranda and Kelly, with Paddy going for Sam and Mark).

Only one more week left!

3 comments:

  1. Quite suprised Kate and Richard were straight through! The power of the GMTV voters :o)

    Wanted it to be Sam and Mark and Debra personally, but there you go.

    Still Rufus out in front for me I think :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jaye!

    I couldn`t find your contact nowhere so I will leave the message here.

    I wrote this article about how to learn to dance for free and I thought that your readers might be interested in it also.

    You can check it out from here
    http://fr.ee/article/how-to-get-free-dance-lessons
    And if you find it useful then feel free to mention it in the blog :)

    All the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Kate and Richard might get it ahead of Debra - but yes, still Rufus for me too.

    Thanks Dancer9 :-)

    ReplyDelete