Actor Gary Lucy and partner Maria Filippov skated to Hit me with your Rhythm Stick (Ian Dury and the Blockheads), prop was a Cane - scored 22 out of 30.
Gary said talking about his props: “It’s so difficult with two of them, to get them both to go in a line.
Robin Cousins (scored 4.5): Not bad at all, I have to say there was some major timing issues this afternoon. You did save yourself from the trip but you also immediately did the jump, which I thought was great, I wasn’t sure you were going to get there. Overall I thought it was a really good attempt.”
Jason Gardiner (scored 4): “Actually you upped your game this week. I disagree with Robin, you were out of time with Maria in some of the steps, but I applaud you actually for putting in the required element from last week to show us you can do that, and you are growing as a performer so well done.”
Nicky Slater (4.5): “I found for me it didn’t have the commitment and the conviction at times to up my mark. There are times that if you could just let yourself go and hit the ground with those sticks, have a bit of an edge to it, you are a nice guy.”
Actress Danniella Westbrook and skating partner Matthew Gonzalez skated to The Look (Roxette), their prop was a Chair - and scored 27 out of 30
Danniella said: “It did good, the chair was a star, I have been so nervous all week.”
Emma Bunton (scored 5.5): “This is actually only the second time I’ve had goose bumps, the no fear, sexy, fun Danniella is back, it was brilliant. Also the lines are getting better and better every week and you are so strong Danniella and it always feels effortless.”
Robin Cousins (scored 5.5): “Fantastic, and I have to say even seating down where the skating wasn’t there your feet were crossed, pointing as much as you could in the skates and you took care of every detail of your body. The complete package, fantastic tonight.”
Karen Barber (scored 5.5): “I watched all week that routine grow and the character develop, that was fantastic.”
Hollyoaks actor Kieron Richardson and partner Brianne Delcourt skated to The Great Pretender (Freddie Mercury), their prop was a full length microphone - and scored 23 out of 30.
Kieron said: “I have got the worse prop as I can’t sing but I absolutely loved it.”
Nicky Slater(scored 4.5): “I love the commitment to the character at times, I do think dealing with one prop is probably easier than two that Gary had to deal with, but you did treat it very well, it did hit you in the face at the end but before that you were dealing with it very well and nice to integrate it in the lifts, a strong performance.”
Jason Gardiner (scored 4.5): “It was full on for you, I mean you really turned it up a notch tonight, I would of liked more done with the actual mic stand, but that’s not your fault, but I think that said I think it was a very good solid performance.”
Actress Hayley Tamaddon and partner Daniel Whiston skated to Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head ( Laura Doherty) their prop was a chair – and scored 26.5 out of 30.
Hayley said: “It’s about looking after Dolly the brolly, it’s been really good, a good challenge.”
Karen Barber (scored 5.5): “Difficult to follow your amazing routine last week, but this was total contrast, it was gentle and romantic, always a pleasure to watch.”
Emma Bunton (scored 5): “I would just like to say if it’s not hard enough to learn a brand new skill and dancing, and then they give you a prop as well. It was seamless, beautiful, you had so much control over the prop tonight, it didn’t seem to faze you. There was just something missing tonight, and it didn’t give me any feeling, it wasn't spectacular, I didn’t get that energy from you that I usually get and that is why I marked down.”
Robin Cousins (scored 5.5): “It was a completely different standard and a completely different feeling, I gave you the extra points because the quality of the skating was fantastic, you skated it as you were asked to perform it and it was lovely.”
Actor Danny Young and skating partner Frankie Poultney skated to All about You (McFly), their prop was a Hat - and scored 25.5 out of 30.
Danny said talking about his prop: “When I first got it I was dropping it all over the place, but I didn’t drop it tonight.”
Emma Bunton (scored 5.5): “I just think your dancing is getting stronger and stronger each week, I think the hat is one of the most difficult and you did so well. I thought every week you just bring this different character, last week you were tough, this week you were cute and you are really expressing and having great performances, well done.”
Nicky Slater (scored 5): “You did capture the character from the off and maintained it, which was so important and you took a couple of risks with props as well were it could go wrong which makes it more exciting for me. The skating is much better the lifts are flowing you are putting her down gently.”
Danny was the tenth celebrity to leave the competition. Kieron and Danny found themselves in the bottom two with the lowest combined scores from the judges and the public vote. Karen voted to save Danny all the other judges voted to save Kieron.
On hearing the news Danny said: “Honestly I’ve had the most amazing time.”
Semi-Final next week! Dancing on Ice, ITV1 Friday and Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment