Sunday, 21 March 2010

Dancing on Ice: Running Commentary, Semi Final

Group skate with Torvill and Dean to As by George Michael and Mary J Blige, a beautiful routine to a beautiful song. Daniella and Hayliel are pulled by Chris; Gary and Kieron court Jayne. A proper VT assessing their chances. Required element: Solo spot!

Someone's nicked half of Emma's dress.

Hayliel out first to In My Life - lovely entry and,well, you can't argue with her solo spot, it's exquisite and when Dan joins in, so too is the rest of the routine. More sixes I think ... no, score 27.5 - a six from Robin, I'm happy agreeing with him!

Gary having trouble with his solo spot - is this the negative vt coming up then, Phil preparing the way, is he? No, he's not! Skating to You and Me - and Yay! Loved that, the audience mad for it too, confident skating, he's enjoying himself and you can see it. Score 24.5 his best. Bless, he's so sweet. Jason's off again. You tell him, Phil!

Mattiella have When Love Takes Over and it's a great routine, little bit shaky in the arabesque but no incidents, her acting and the dancing skills were brilliant, terrific lifts. Score: 23 Karen's putting Nicky on the naughty step again!

Kieranne and I missed the song (it was Good Riddance, Time of Your Life - thx to Jja 1987 in the land of the twitter!) Lots of tricks and confidence, specially in the solo, but that did affect the performance a little bit, not quite as 'out there' as last week, but well done. Score: 23

So who's going in the skate off! With a draw at the bottom no-one is safe! Catch you later ... we're back, quick recap before Alexandra Burke sings on a podium, while Alexandara skates with ? on the ice with an awesome one handed lift, joined by Matt throwing Frankie around and finishing with double headbangers!

Phil reveals ... no, he's going for a break - I thought he was going to add "just kidding" then but no ... we're back again. Safe: Hayliel! Kieranne! Wow - this is gioing to be a toughie! Mattiella versus Garia. Another good skate from Gary, just a fumble at the end, sort of! But that could be what does for him - I like both of them so I can't decide - but I think Daniella just shaded it there, she was more confident that time around. Here we go - no, they're going for Gary! No - two all, down to Robin - he's gone for Gary - it came down to the skating in the end. Which is fair enough I guess. It's certainly a see-saw vote isn't it!

2 comments:

  1. Alexandra was skating with her partner Lukasz. I'm pretty sure they're another husband/wife, bf/gf skating team. They were on the tour last year and ther partnering past celebs in this years too. He's a reserve pro. Quite why they got her to skate in the main show with a celeb and not him I don't know, but there you go. :o)

    Gutted Danniella is out!! :o( Wanted a Hayley, Kieron, Danniella final personally. Nothing againts Gary, his skating is certainly good, just tired of never seeing any real personality or performance from. The others entertain me more in that respect.

    Think Robin's call that the fall happened after the music is rubbish! They messed up the ending good and proper! Rob a good guy though, so I can forgive him :o)

    I know you don't agree with me Scatty, but I defintely think hayley's got it sewn up! The only one without a skate-off and the others have multiples top their name, forgone conclusion to me, but they're probably the best so it's the right result :o) No idea which way round the boys will be though! Antbody's guess there :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I remember Lukas now, he was in another one a while back, cheers! I'm gutted for Daniella too, would have liked he to see her make it through, I'd say overall she's entertained me the most. I actually agree now Foxy - it's Hayley's! If she was going to be in any skate off, it would have been last week or this week - but they do deserve it. :-)

    ReplyDelete