Saturday, 23 January 2010

So You Think You Can Dance: Cue Music 3!

Start picking your individual favourite tonight - ten solos; five duets; two groups! Cat beat me to the "Sisco's in the army now!" Nigel says they need to take the adrenalin and use it!

The girls do Bollywood, and very well too. All having great fun with it, I couldn't pick out one more than the rest.

Lizzie and Drew start the show with Disco to Disco Inferno, choreographed by Karen Bruce. Drew's found his second home, awesome energy, great partnering, the lifts and throws incredible, Lizzie found her disco mojo!

*Puts extra credit on the phone*

Charlie and Robbie solos - these are far too short and similar in terms of content, so I'm sitting back and will do a head to head knockout, you know, like you do with fit actors on the internet. I don't do that, obviously *ahem* but you know what I mean. Robbie it is so far.

Mandy and Mark have contemporary to Show Me Heaven, choreographed by Henri. Mandy in her element, really into it and Mark joining in too - I'm disagreeing with the judges, I think, their comments are mixed - thought both lived and sold it, great job.

Hayley and Alastair solos - not so keen on the solos music - still Robbie so far.

Yanet and Tommy salsa by Richard Marcel; Yanet took Tommy clubbing and he's got the moves, lively, totally with it;, Yanet of course, supreme in her specialist genre. Great fun.

Lizzie and Drew solos - she's so fluid ... ok, they're all fluid, I still don't know, though Drew has now taken over from Robbie!

*Puts more credit on phone*

Hayley and Alastair Hip Hop by Simeon Osyea and, well, I loved that routine! Creative - and dancing on wheels! I thought they did a cracking job, considering both way out of their comfort zone. The judges again seem mixed and leave us feeling rather flat.

Mandy and Mark solos - still Drew, although I could watch Mark all night.

Charlie and Robbie and a Tyce Diorio choreographed lyrical piece - almost the same 'Cancer' dance as on the U.S version of the show and it's completely mesmerising. Anyone watching who hasn't shed a tear, is your heart made of stone? All the more poignant as Nigel reveals that Tyce was called home to his mother, diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Charlie and Robbie are spent emotionally.

Yanet and Tommy solos - still Drew, but oh, Tommy, argh - loved that too!

The boys are The Jets in the West Side Story group dance by Tyce. It's fantastic. I don't want any of them to go. Cat says it - why can't we just have a performing show and everyone stays! I'm voting but it's tight and I'm having to be methodical - Robbie and Drew for all three of their performances; Charlie for the lyrical and Hayley for the wheels and last week.

Results! And what a start, incredible routine and it's not fair the lines are shut because there's others I should have voted for. Which would have defeated the object but still!

The girls - safe: Charlie; Yanet; Lizzie

The boys - safe: Drew; Robbie, Alastair

It's contemporary Mandy v showgirl Hayley; and the two Hip Hop lads, Mark v Tommy. Glad I'm not a judge - would rather Hayley, but no idea how they'll choose. Solos over, we have a musical interlude with JLS and One Shot. A ballad? A house ballad? What a shame, if they took that nasty cliched scratchy bit out I'd have loved it.

The judges make unanimous decisions: It's Mandy and Tommy who stay. A farewell to Hayley (Nigel making it clear he couldn't favour her, knowing her family for so long) and Mark (did the fact he's already won a show this year have a bearing?) But they've got the satisfaction of having been a part of two of the best routines in this series, Take a Bow and Speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment