Saturday, 16 January 2010

So You Think You Can Dance: Cue Music 2

I love this opening, an energetic and exciting welcome to the dancers. Cat asks Nigel: "How do you compare the different dances?" He answers: "You don't - you find your favourite, it's who you connect with." And with that in mind ...

Yanet and Robbie have the help of Boy Blue's Kendrick Sandy to teach and choreograph a Hip Hop routine for them - way out of their comfort zone - poor Yanet's knees! This looks like a quick one, could be great, could be carried off (the stage!) OMG, Wow was my reaction, you couldn't get more different from the foxtrot - fantastic energy, they rocked! Yanet's timing is immense, what a partnership. The judges disagree - I loved it, and, as the man himself said, it's who engages you! I thought they were in time with each other and the music. They'll be getting a vote from me.

Chloe and Gavin are pleased to have Broadway, choreographed by award winning Karen Bruce - no excuses, do it! The lifts could go either way and one does go a little wayward, snazzy number, Chloe selling it, Gavin not as comfortable, he's upset with himself, the stumble put him off a bit - but not enough to ruin a nice routine.

Hayley and Drew, last week's survivors come together for an awesome contemporary number by Rafael Bonachela, a real WOW! Speechless - exciting, intense, they really smashed it. Powerful stuff, I'm not normally so drawn into contemporary. A vote their way too!

We're halfway through already!

Mandy and Alastair have a dirty dancing cha cha by Carmen Vincelj. Terrific opening - and stunning lift at the end - solid, says Sisco. In between was fun, bright and sexy, even with Alastair struggling on Cuban heels - they do look huge, far bigger than the Strictly ones!

Charlie and Tommy pull PopJazz from the hat, a mixture of many genres by Frank Gatson. Tommy feeling a bit of a prop, but was able to show a few street moves, they're very together, one of the couples to gel quickly. Excellent in what they did, the routine maybe a bit too poppy.

Mark and Lizzie completely at sea - the Viennese Waltz (American Smooth style)! I thought it was a cake, says Mark! He broke his finger last week, he'd been sick and everything! Katya Virshilas and pro partner Klaus put together a lovely routine - count the lifts: 1;2;3! Yep, all accomplished. A damn fine job and he's even pimped his finger splint, lol. What a pair of stars! Lizzie unrecogniseable almost, demure in scarlet, if that's not an oxymoron! My third vote!

Back soon with results .... and here we go, with a stunning Frank Gapton show opener, all suited and booted; we are so being spoilt!

First up: Gavin and Chloe - and straight to the dance off; Hayley and Drew - safe, ecstatic; Mark and Lizzie - safe, relief. Next: Charlie and Tommy - safe, phew; Yanet and Robbie - SAFE! Yes! Oh, Yes! I thank you! Mandy and Alastair join Gavin and Chloe. I think Nigel's right there - I can't help comparing the ballroom/Latin to what I see on Strictly - I don't see it anywhere else, see, so it's all I can compare to! Onto the solos:

Chloe's personality comes to the fore; Gavin shows his dynamicism; Mandy intense; Alastair balletically (is that a word?) dynamic - he edges Gavin for me, no idea re the girls.

Alexandra Burke performs Broken Heels, which follows Bad Boys into my little book as a possible jive!

Judgement time: Girls - it's not unanimous, Arlene the dissenter - Mandy is safe; Boys forward - this is unanimous - Alastair safe.

So it's farewell to Chloe and Gavin; and then there were ten. It's scarily exciting how close this is!

9 comments:

  1. what song did mark and lizzi dance to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'you know - I completely forgot to write them down this week! Prob cos they had the links up pretty quick last week! Soon as I can I'll link them or add them into the post, somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey could anyone help me, what the title of the songs that charlie and tommy was danced for? help me please

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was JLS Everybody in Love (hold your hands up) the BBC twitter man quoted it when talking about them! I was hoping he'd tweeted them all but he hadn't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell you're really enjoying this show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you :)
    i guess the one that was playin for in SDYTYCD is not the official version or is it already got remixed or somethin?

    Anyway, thx jaye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Trav! It's flying by isn't it - hopefully they'll go with a top 20 next season *crosses fingers there's a next season*

    Hi Mirae,
    I think they must do, I'll see if I can find out moe info on the music for next weeks post. Thanks for popping by :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked Tommy and Charlie's routine, i think Frank got that 'in love' feeling across, tommy had nothing to worry about. I love tommy , he's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya Miss thing, T&C are great together arent they! You're right too, Tommy had nothing to worry about, he was much more than a prop :-)

    ReplyDelete