First up was actress Hayley Tamaddon and partner Daniel Whiston who skated to You’re No Good (Linda Ronstadt) scoring 19.5 out of 30. She said: “There is a huge amount of pressure now the boys are in the competition and they are fantastic, so we have to up our game.”
Karen said: (Scored 4.5) “That was totally different to your first routine, you made it look effortless, it was seamless, you covered up how difficult it was. I think you’re such strong competitor, you’re going from strength to strength in this competition.”
Nicky said: (scored 3) “Your spiral was super and I loved you’re presentation, but I’m not convinced about you’re skating skills when you’re on your own.”
Disagreeing with Nicky, Jason said (scored 4) ‘”In week one I asked you to give us a more sincere performance and you absolutely did that. I thought it was incredible for the first person out tonight and I disagree with Nicky, you have beautiful flow over the ice, it shows great control.
GMTV’s Dr Hilary Jones with his skating partner Alexandra Schauman was next up and skated to (They Long To be) Close To You (Matt Monro) and scored 7.5 out of 30. He said: “I’ve been having trouble with that turn and if you’re conscious of the weakness it plays on your mind, but I’m having great fun.”
Robin said: (scored 1.5) “I was more comfortable watching you last week. I’ve written down three things, scary, laboured and uncomfortable which is how you made me feel. It just doesn’t look natural seeing you out there, I thought you did really well to save yourself.”
Emma said: (scored 1.5) “I literally couldn’t breath through the whole dance and then you lifted her I felt physically sick I was so nervous for you both. I just didn’t enjoy it and I am glad you were smiling because I wasn’t.”
Karen said: (scored 2) “It’s not easy, we work on flexibility and it doesn’t come naturally to you. There was improvement on last week and the elements you have done this week are harder, but I was glad when the music ended.”
Next up was actress Emily Atack and skating partner Fred Palascak skated to Beautiful (Christina Aguilera) and scored 13.5 out of 30. She said: “It’s better than the first one that’s all I can hope for, I’m not going to be perfect over night.”
Jason said: (scored 2.5) “Ok from my point of view you have a pretty face but you have legs of a ninety year old. Watch what your legs are doing especially during the acquired element which was the spiral, that was not good my darling at all. You have a very stiff neck and there is absolutely no release in your upper body.”
Emma said: (scored 3.5) “I disagree I can see that you have been really trying and its definitely better. But what I want to see now is you taking a bit more risk, your still so young so take the risk - but it’s much better.”
Robin said: (scored 3) “I can still see the effort and what you are trying to do and it’s great to have that effort but I would like to see a bit more pliability in the body. Let it loosen up a bit, it was a bit stiff.”
Kieron Richardson and partner Brianne Delcourt skated to Evergreen (Will Young) and scored 16 out of 30. He said: “I am completely amazed by that result, the lifts went up and I’m a skinny boy and I did it.”
Robin said: (scored 3.5) “I have to be honest if doing your day job takes your brain away from the skating then sometimes if you take a step backwards you can come out and do a performance. There is still a lot to do and I would love to see the blades glide a bit more.”
Nicky said: (scored 2.5) “I look at three things here, the style the tech content and presentation. You’re technical content and your skating ability impresses me and there is a lot to admire with your lift - the back arm looks like a wet fish, but was a good effort.”
Tana Ramsay and partner Stuart Widdall were next and skated to Piece of My Heart (Beverly Knight) scoring 12.5 out of 30. Afterwards she said: “I did enjoy it, it was a great routine and we had fun and I hope I did better this week.”
Jason said: (scored 2) “Tana for me you have the sensuality of a frigid school mistress. You have a look on your face like you have sucked lemons, there’s no movement in it. You didn’t convey anything in that number – there was no physical expression, you need to work on expressing the entire movement with the entire body.”
Emma said: (scored 3), “I can see your physically shaking, I know how nervous you are but I didn’t believe the story between you two. I know you can be sexier you need to loosen up, but it was definitely better and that’s what I am judging on.”
Karen said: (scored 3) “This week was a massive challenge. You were well out of your comfort zone, when you have no performance background you have nothing to relate back too. I think if you ask most people could they do that they couldn’t so you’ve done really well.”
Actor Danny Young and skating partner Frankie Poultney skated to (You’re The) Devil in Disguise (Elvis Presley) and scored 17 out of 30. He said: “My mouth is really dry, my legs were shaking and (referring to the ‘Frog Lift’) my bits are in tact so I didn’t have to go and pick it up!”
Karen said: (scored 4) “Full credit that is such a hard lift, fifty fifty they have worked and then not this week. For me the tricks are taking over from your basics, we are going to go back to the basics and improve the flow of the ice, but full credit you did great.”
Jason said: (scored 3) “There were two gear changes musically in that number and I didn’t think you matched them with your performance. You looked unrefined and unfinished. You attack the moments great but you don’t finish anything off, and watch in the face because at times you look like you are going to attack her.”
After Jason’s comments Danny joked: “Jason you always seem angry, get up and give me a cuddle.”
Heather Mills and partner Matt Evers skated to Frozen (Madonna) and scored 16 out of 30. She said: “None stop fun, I love it and it’s a total privilege.”
Emma said: (scored 3.5) “I just think you looked really confident and I can see you totally trust your partner. All you need to do now is relax your face and just feel it. You just said you love it so want to see that a little bit more on the ice.”
Jason said: (scored 3) “It was a very confident performance. I want to ask you something, with the artificial leg can you turn out from the hip in order to get a better leg line, especially with the foot, is that something we can do?
In response Heather said “If we could make a lighter leg I can but it’s just so heavy it want turn the foot.”
Robin said: (scored 3.5) “There was no hesitance, and you have no boundaries of what you will try.”
Next up was actor Gary Lucy and partner Maria Filippov skated to I’m Yours (Jason Mraz) scoring 18.5 out of 30. Afterwards he said: “I had a bit of a shoulder injury and I was just pleased we go through it and India (his daughter) is just enjoying this so much.”
Robin said: (scored 4) “I hope you’ve done enough to stay out of the skate-off this week. The quality was really quite lovely. You run the risk of everything just being nice, nice three turns, nice lifts. Make sure you don’t get lost in the crowd and a good required element at the end.”
Jason said: (scored 3.5) “ Gary ’s second spiral was cheating as it was to the side not to the back.”
Head judge Robin retaliated and said: “To the side is a legitimate spiral.”
Gary responded to Jason’s comments and said: “There were two(spirals), we had to go front and back.”
Former Olympic swimmer Sharron Davies with skating partner Pavel Aubrecht was next up and skated to These Words (Natasha Bedingfield) and scored 14 out of 30. She said: “I really enjoyed this week.”
Nicky said: (scored 2.5) “The synchronised swimming idea - was great. Your arms in the water are wonderful and if you can get that on the ice each week, it will be such a different dynamic. The spiral was really well held and I think there is potential, but I would encourage you to go and do basic ballet classes.”
Jason said: (scored 2.5) “There were a lot more through energy, breath in them (arms). You’ll do a nice arm movement and then a really ugly one. So try and sustain your arm movement and lock in your core as you have a very solid body, its impressive, great legs.”
Emma said: (scored 2.5) “You put you’re arm around his (Pavel) shoulder a lot, which was quite clever as it masked it.”
Jeremy Sheffield and partner Susie Lipanova skated to Stay With Me (Faces) scoring 12 out of 30. Afterwards he said: “It’s still scary, and just co-ordinating my feet at that speed.”
Karen said: (scored 3) “The speed is creeping in, but the routines are getting harder. To focus on the positive the spiral was really good, you had two hard lifts but to keep your place, you need to keep pushing yourself like you did this week.”
Nicky said: (scored 2) “I’m so frustrated when I see you skate as I can see the potential. Get your marriage gear forward and bend your knees and your ankles. OK here’s a tip on what you should do, your hips are back all the time, imagine you have a grenade in-between the cheeks of your buttocks and you’re holding it there and if you let it drop there is going to be a real problem. If you get your posture right you have potential to do great work out there.”
Boyzone’s Mikey Graham and partner Melanie Lambert skated to Just Say Yes (Snow Patrol) scoring 18.5 out of 30.
Karen said: (scored 4) “You’re such a treat to work with. Everything’s in place, you just need to get consistent with it. You will be in our final set, I think you’re really capable.”
Nicky said: (scored 3) “It’s very close on being on level with Gary , you have really skated well with your lady.”
Emma said: (scored 4) “It was such a strong performance it gave me goose bumps. I hope the luck of the Irish is with you tonight.”
Last up was actress Danniella Westbrook and partner Matthew Gonzalez and they skated to Because of You (Kelly Clarkson) scoring 18 out of 30. She said afterwards: “I am happy, things could of gone a little better but I am over the moon with that.”
Emma said: (scored 4) “It was gorgeous, so fluid and the lifts were gorgeous. I enjoy watching you and I think that is really important. I love the fact that you are pushing yourself, I think it’s really brave. Well done.”
Robin said: (scored 3.5) “When everybody has slow music they think they have so much more time, but you are so exposed technically because everything has to take longer, the edges have to be longer. A few movements were a little tense and tight, but this evening everyone who has had a slow number has had to cope with pushing themselves technically. I thought you did a really nice job tonight, well done.”
Jeremy Sheffield was the third celebrity to leave the competition. Jeremy and Sharron Davies found themselves in the bottom with the lowest combined scores from the judges and the public vote. The judges all voted to save former Olympic swimmer Sharron Davies.
Jeremy said: “Well I’m disappointed, absolutely. But I’m every so slightly relieved I’m not going to be in pain.”
This week saw the all the couple skating together for the first time. Join them again, ITV1 on Friday and Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment