Slight change of plan - Alistair not the only eliminated dancer taking part tonight, Drew and Mark stepping up too, it will be just the three competing for the title of Britain's Favourite Dancer. Robbie's in the studio, being all positive and heroic.
We kick off a marathon six dances each with the three of them dancing to I Gotta Feeling, a brilliant start, full of energy and power - hard to tear my eyes away from Tommy.
Next up, Tommy teams with Lizzie for the Emmy nominated Sweet Dreams jazz number by Mandy Moore and it's a wow: Intense, passionate, full of shapes and lines, timing is stunning. Still Tommy for me after that.
Lizzie and Charlie have a Karen Bruce Broadway to All That Jazz, it's Charlie's moment to shine - I just said that Louise - but Lizzie more than holds her own, sparkly.
Charlie and Tommy have a Katya and Klaus tango and *phew* Hot - full of attitude and passion, that's what we want. Awesome Charlie led brilliantly by versatile Tommy, so strong, so consistent.
Lizzie teams with Alistair for a samba - impressive, we know how difficult it is and Lizzie nailed some terrific technical moves in there, great job. Not supposed to be checking out Alistair but - he's found his hips *ahem*
Tommy and Mark with a Simeon special Hip Hop - their hands - let alone everything else - so precise, wonderful stuff, great to see them working together. Sorry Nigel - I want Tommy to stay being Tommy - that's who I love, he makes me enjoy whatever he's doing, I smile all the way through. Louise, stop copying me!
Charlie and Drew with a lyrical Mandy Moore, so impressive, would love to have seen Drew make the final, he supports Charlie beautifully, gorgeous routine with lovely leaps and lifts, full of passion. That just made it a tougher choice.
We're onto the solos: Lizzie, the hip hop queen does it again, although the big moves just stop it flowing like normal; Tommy and some lyrical breakdancing, another original solo, wondrous; Charlie puts her all into it, but not much different from before.
Tough, isn't it? Taking all into consideration though, it's Tommy for me - they've all been party to routines I've loved, but he's the one whose solos have consistently wowed me.
*EEK* Lines are closed! National Lottery ... yes, yes, get on with it *tut* didn't win again ... jeez, how many draws are there these days? *wills the clock onward* Can you believe those people who say winning won't change their lives? I mean - what's the point of buying a ticket? Donuts. Me, I'd employ a chef, a maid, a chauffeur; I'd have a sports club, a film club, a jazz club ... oh, we're back!
Group dance with the previously elimiated dancers, all so impressive, the finalists join them at the end. Just for fun, Nigel and Sisco vote Charlie, Louise for Lizzie, Arlene feels like the majority of us neutrals - vote for all of them! We recap the series, seems like way more than six weeks! The judges choice for an encore: Hayley and Drew to Speechless - the bed routine. And it leaves us that way a second time, fabulous.
Third Place: Lizzie!
Robbie Williams with his new, official Comic Relief single, Morning Sun. How did they persuade Kiefer Sutherland to play guitar there? Maybe with extra pies; I'm just sayin'. See, Robbie thinks he can dance: SCD next year? Clearly gagging for it.
And Britain's Favourite Dancer is: Charlie! Yay for the Kent girl - fully deserved on tonight's performances. Hope we see more of Tommy though, and congratulations to all of the dancers, they've kicked off the UK franchise with a brilliant first series. Thanks for making it so enjoyable :-)
So what's next - oh, yes - Let's Dance for Comic Relief, next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment