Saturday, 10 October 2009

Strictly Come Dancing: Running Commentary, Week Four

Foxy red Tess; Twittering Brucie squashes the rumours once and for all of an affair with Lynda!

Zojam foxtrotting first - it hurts to laugh, ok while Brucie's on! Foxtrot's easy ... er, no it's not! Looks the part, gorgeous dance to match the gorgeous This Will Be, lively affair, loved the pivots, very musical. Len: We've just seen movement, well accomplished; Alesha: Fluid, smooth, lovely pivots; Bruno: Glistening with glamour; Craig: Timing throughout spot on, gorgeous. Score: 33 their best to date.

Chrola's salsa up next ... er, what's he doing to the wall? This is teatime, people! Come on baby, go for it - he did! Sexy Chris, gave it everything - "how do you keep concentrating" (re Ola!) I enjoyed that more than I thought I would! Brucie's eyes have steamed up (re Ola!) Len: In hold, very good, captured the flavour; Alesha: Getting the party started; Bruno: timing not too bad; Craig: Lacked the required energy. They were the most positive comments - I don't think they gave him enough credit at all and Chrola will definitely be getting my vote this evening! Had rhythm and hips and sizzle for me. Score: 25 - the others say the same - too low!

Darrynda calming down now - isn't that one of Natasha's dresses recycled? Calendar Girl the very apt song for their foxtrot, hasn't got the sway and the smile a bit 'fixed' but very sweet. Craig: Too straight, no flow, too safe (You should see me in the nude in the theatre, says Lynda!) Len: Simple and effective, smooth and creamy like a milky coffee; Alesha: Pleasant - and we love the Lynda we've got, we don't want 5ft 10 skinny Lynda; Bruno: A Foxwalk. Score: 24 Darren: If you were 5ft 10 you couldn't dance with me!

Alian salsa-ing, with body contact! Alissandra will be with us this evening - woo! Full of armography, very fast, intricate - she did very well to keep up there, maybe needs to get on down a bit more. Alesha: Sexy you, great control and rhythm, fantastic choreography; Bruno: can deliver plenty of action, not driving all the way; Craig: I loved it, brilliant, jam packed; Len: Clean, fast, a little bit hectic. Score: 32 Excellent. Another vote from me.

Jodan and Jo has lost a stone - nah, don't get ...oh, no, there it goes, just did! *Doh* It's an adventure says Jo and they're foxtrotting to Crazy, out there on her own, got some sway - I thought she did pretty well, much improved. Bruno: Determination and superhuman effort; Craig: Brendan guided it well, your best to date; Len: Strong start, hit the nuances in the music; Alesha: shaky but glimmers of hope. Score: 20 Eh? What was that? Oh, dear, more headlines. I'd better get writing one ;)

Vinalie's salsa is looking like it may be her dance - shoulders, boobs and earrings all out. Lost the armography but really went for it. Craig: Came out and delivered; Len: Liked the mix of steps, free and easy attitude; Alesha: Confident; Bruno: All racey and pacey! He's out of the chair again! Score: 29

Jostina foxtrotting to I'm Feeling Good - much better, more fluid. Len: Improvement, more confidence a good job, your best so far; Alesha: A glint in your eye, you enjoyed it; Bruno: You have to have a sense of music; Craig: No sign of improvement. *Cue booing and hissing* and Kristina: That was rude! Well said, Kristina!

Lainton out next for their foxtrot to Frank and it's like galaxy caramel, gorgeous but did it finish a bit sooner than the music? Alesha: Best foxtrot of the night, classic; Bruno: Control, flair, smooth as silk; Craig: Classy, confident, comfortable to watch; no comment from Len but you sense he'd have loved it - it's a nine from him! Score: 34 I love the foxtrot, says Laila, I've just got to remember it!

Ricalie's salsa coming up, love the blue, suits him *ahem ... averts eyes from chest* Oh, boy, can he move - what a groovy funky saucy salsa. Oh, those hips *Phew* Oh - backflip! Cool. Or hot. Whatever - they get my vote. Bruno: It's Ricky Martin - hips are weapons; Craig: Two sticky moments, loved the routine and back flip; Len: Parts tickled me fancy, good job, well done; Alesha: Disappointed - still good, but felt you're better than that. Score: 32 good, considering not all the comments were positive.

Cravia foxtrotting, hopefully how he does it in training. Smile, please smile - still doesn't look comfy. Craig: frame a disaster; Len: A gallant effort; Alesha: That was an improvement; Bruno: Sometimes laboured. Score: 24 could be back in trouble again.

Ianade and the salsa I was most looking forward to - Ian's going to the Olympics - in the front row. That dress! Fantastic movement but they seem to have gone with the Madonna version of La Isla Bonita after all which seems a bit too slow for me. Great finish. Len: Fun, efferfes ... everfes ... efverve ... bubbly, well done; Alesha: You can seriously move your body; Bruno: What an explosion of colour and spice; Craig: Energy spectacular, fabulous grinding, want to try that end position *crashing on* Score: 29 - doesn't match the comments??!!

Rickin foxtrot - even Erin's laughing - but that's the way to go Ricky, we don't want proper serious! Very nice, warm and sincere, possibly my fave foxtrot of the night. Alesha: Very understated - not half bad; Bruno: Very convincing, step in the right direction; Craig: Great movement around the floor; Len: tough dance, well done. Score: 28

Phitya salsa *fingers crossed for the knee* It's Dr.Bob! Dr. Bob, Dr.Bob - remember that? No? Oh, ok *moves on quickly* Phil's practising his rippling, sitting down! Brings it out on the floor though - brilliant, one knee, plenty of hips! Brave, out there on his own like that! Bruno: Worked your bum with such enthusiasm; Craig: Opening belonged in Soho (there's booing - maybe they should take it as a compliment?) Len: You were brave to expose yourself (oh, dear, more headlines) Alesha: I loved that, great usage of the buttocks, well done! Score: 24 Got my vote. Loved the song, just wish I could remember what it's called ... it'll come to me eventually. (Over to you, Foxy!)

Have to be completely honest though - the salsa couples tonight had a lot to live up to and they didn't excite me in the same way as those that have gone before - Tom, Alesha, Matt, Gethin and Mark - I think we've been spoilt or maybe it's to do with the music, none of it grabbed me tonight. See vids >>>>>>>

Judges thoughts: Craig: Most improved - Jo! Len: Fave tonight - Lainton; Alesha: Most impressed with Zojam; Bruno: Joe and Jo still both need to up their game.

We couldn't care less about the football either Bruce, the footie fans are in the other room. In fact, I'm stuck in the bedroom so I can watch in peace and quiet. And become so engrossed my cuppa went cold, dammit. The glimpses of Tom's foxtrot are very welcome - again, none tonight hit the spot the way that one did.

We've a Hollywood style Pro number tonight, with guest tappers Dougie and Matteus, the ladies pretty in pink, like an explosion of candy floss; top hats, tails, canes - transported to a Busby Berkeley Latin Ballroom.

Dionne Bromfield - worth the hype? Great voice, Godmother Amy looks like she needs strings to hold her up though ... that's it, up with the arms, there you go. Matt and Aliona steal the show.

The Moment of Truth: Safe - Lainton; Phitya, Yay! Alian, Yay! Jostina; Ricalie, Yay! Rickin; Vinalie; Chrola, Yay! Zojam; Jodan; Ianade *Phew* I'd have felt so guilty not voting for them tonight! It's foxtrots at five paces, Cravia v Darrynda. Both improved, Cravia get Len's casting vote. Lynda puts on a brave face and does the can can without the legs! And that's my favourite team name gone!

4 comments:

  1. The show didn't exactly light up this time for me, except for Leila's beautiful foxtrot.
    Apparently Jade fell out of her dress but that was for the judges' benefit not the camera's.
    The two Rickys failed to ignite - one was concentrating on learning his lines and the other was getting over his knee op and taking on flu! Hey ho.
    Lynda danced her swansong (I dont think she would have got any better technically) and Craig still cant conquer those nerves. So that was it, by and large. I agree - the first set of salsas were best.
    Never mind, there's always next week, and it was still very watchable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Anon!

    Thought it was just me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I still enjoyed it and most of the music was good for me - finally had 'Crazy' and a Buble! Woo ;o) A few a bit below par, but that'll always happen whilst there's so many couples left I reckon.

    I was shocked they saved Craig over Lynda as she did look better to me in the dance-off, but then what do I know! :o)

    Tuffers song was 'Long Train Running' Doobie Brothers Scatty :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's it - Doobie Brothers - knew I could rely on you! Thx x

    ReplyDelete