Gary Lineker and Co with the build up - officially this time! The Battle for the Glitterball commences! Come on!
I think it goes without saying there's a ton of VT's covering their emotions, relationships, journey, friends, families and supporters - so I'm just going with the actual dancing *whispers: It did get a little repetitive - specially as we've had it on ITT this week also* ... so first out, it's Ricalie with their fabulous Quickstep, almost a wardrobe malfunction with Nat's heel caught in the dress but she sorted it - and what a performance, full on, musical, stunning as before, the sheer delight shows in Natalie's face whenever Ricky's leading her; it's wonderful to see. Adore this dance, right up there with all my favourites ever. Oooh, first standation of the night - there were so many I've abbreviated! Darcey: Wowee Mr Whittle, amazing, set the standard; Len: Best QS from any male celebrity ever; Alesha: incerdible opening, loved it even more; Bruno: (He's up; quite frankly, they could have removed his chair for tonight) Major league QS, moved around like a pro, interpreted every nuance in the music; Craig: Polished, slick, sophisticated, extrememly rhythmic, Spec-Tac-U-Lar! Tens on their way I think. Scores: Oh, yes, the elusive 10 from Craig, there we go - the big 50. Well deserved - I just said that Tess, she's doing it again!
Chrola foxtrot next, lovely and charming, not quite the fluidity but it'll make no odds tonight - I'd have actually liked to see his Tango again. Alesha: magical moment in Blackpool, improved, enjoyed the moment; Bruno: Congratulated Ola for turning a frog into a Prince, elegant, charming, beautifully danced; Craig: timing and footwork difficult, did it very well, improved on Blackpool; Darcey: comfortable, you enjoyed it, lovely; Len: Prince Charming, top notch foxtrot. Score: 46, Alesha with a ten, bless her.
Series review week one to five: they come in, they go out - Martina, Richard, Rav, Lynda and Joe - all much more relaxed and some improvement in the movement, specially Richard and Rav.
The Lindy Hop! Fun in training - wondering if Chris' mum still does his underpants, they're very white. Big, fun routine from both - Ricalie hitting some of the huge air lifts, missing just the one, Chrola concentrate on the character. Another standation. Craig on Ricalie: more difficult, timing, little laboured; Darcey on Ricalie: Cleanly executed, suits more compact, sold brilliantly; Len: Chris held his own very well, Ricky more rhythmic; Alesha: both couple nicely controlled, funny and entertaining, neck and neck; Bruno: Cola cracked me up, cheeky frantic monkey, I loved it, wonderful; Chrola just edge it in the score - Ricalie score 43, Chrola 44 - again, they both showed their different styles there, Ricalie with the much tougher physical routine, Chrola the showmanship.
The next batch of those come and gone: Jo, Zoe, Craig; Phil has flu and is unable to be there unfortunately. And Ianade make a welcome return to show us that Tango - what a loss they were, fantastic dance, the character, passion and musicality all there, powerful, would definitely have put them up the top. Standation! First half of the show finishes with a Bruce and Alesha duet - love her dress - a fun partnership, worked very well. Dare I say, Alesha outsung Bruce? Best not.
Into the results show with a recap of the final few weeks highlights: Ricky G, Natalie, Ali - Laila unable to be there, sends her love.
Chrola up first this time for their Charleston, which is undoubtedly going into the Hall of Fame, brimfull of everything you could want in an entertainment show. Standation! Bruno: exhilarating ... in the interests of decency I can't repeat the rest. That, and the fact I was too busy laughing to write it all down! Craig: Quirky, dynamic, animated; Darcey: transported me back to the golden era, made for you; Len: this is turning into the best final ever, fantastic entertainment. More tens on the way I think - Yes - The Big 50! Tess apologises for Bruno - Ola was swimming, not riding! How tough is this choice tonight?
Ricalie cha cha: I love the way his body moves, I can't help myself, he's so so groovy and I see what Nigel meant about the paintbrush feet. Sharp and tight, the best cha cha ever on the show, imo. I think I've got a Spanky Wilson album in the loft somewhere, one day I will dig them all out. Standation! Alesha: Such a sexy couple, one of the best dances I've ever seen; Bruno: It's a dance competition - and boy, you can dance - so slick, sexy yet cool, nailed it; Darcey: quietly taken aback, I'm a bit hot, definitely more polished, I wouldn't mind doing a cha cha with you! Craig: Still masculine, still sexy, still turned out. Score: 48.
Showdance time! Chrola first, to Do You Love Me from Dirty Dancing. Some great lifts, including a one hander, and another fun routine, Chris ending up on the judges desk! Standation, naturally! Darcey: great partnering, timing, technique, perfect, beautiful; Len: They talk about journeys - you've been good, bad and ugly - but full of enthusiasm and get up and go, great dance; Alesha: Liked the combination of styles - you asked 'Do You Love Me' - Yes! Bruno: been eating spinach, so strong, great performance. Score: (Since when did they ever score showdances?) 46, Alesha with another ten.
Ricalie and my heart does sink a little when I see Natalie in a leotard - I don't want a 'dance' full of amazing lifts. Very contemporary and actually quite beautiful slow start but I know from the song - The Last Dance - it's going to speed up - does become cha cha based with huge lifts - including a no-handed one with Natalie balanced on Ricky's neck while he spins. All very difficult and one for the experts who can appreciate that. Personally, I'd have preferred a big Fred and Ginger number, with flowing lifts AS style - it's his ballroom I've loved more. I think Chrola's charleston will be the difference here. Though, tbh, I think Chris will have got it anyway, so maybe Ricalie made the decision to go for the experts. Len: You're the best dancer, fantastic all the way; Alesha: loved the contemporary feel, would have liked more styles; Bruno: You have no idea how difficult to do those lifts; Craig: Lift-tastic - jaw dropping, spinning incredible - hair must be velcro. Score: 49 Darcey letting the side down!
While we await the verdict, we have the memorable moments of Tom - his QS; Kelly - AS; Mark - AT; Austin - Paso; Alesha - Cha cha. Brian and Kristina 'Just Dance' - to the live band - naughty man on ITT told us it couldn't be done! Sisters are Doing it For Themselves as Rachel and Lisa join the Pro dancers, with Vincent and Brendan for Cha Cha and Tango respectively.
There's only four points in it - how do you choose? The rhythmic natural dancer who makes you gasp versus the cheeky chappie whose dancing brings such joy. The closest final ever, I'd say! I'm leaving it up to everyone else, I've loved both these couples right from week one and whoever wins will be a deserving champion - thanks to both for a fabulous evening.
It's the final Moment of Truth: Chrola!
No comments:
Post a Comment