Thursday, 17 December 2009

Move Like Michael Jackson: Semi Final 2

All out together for Smooth Criminal, some wicked moves going down (hark at me!) Kudos to Lavelle, I assume it's him putting these groups dances together.

First pairing is soloist Daniel Ovell versus the sick, slick Peridot crew. Toughie. Daniel out for ABC, explosive start, unusual floor work (moving headstand with wiggly feet!?) bit untidy in places, good effort. JJ: You have a lot of ability but not hit full potential, did a great job.

Peridot and Dangerous - spot on with an MJ signature move, tight, that guy with the neck thing - I was waiting for that! Inventive. JJ: Absolutely (all as one) type of performance I'm looking for. I think they'll make this ... they do indeed.

Next up soloist Luke Holingsworth versus Unity. Luke - Too Bad, one of the best soloists in terms of dancing but the routine lacking something. JJ: great dancer, very exciting, you've got to be possessed, definitely entertained.

Unity consist of three guys and five girls - Billie Jean a good choice - yes, slick, tight, inventive - they make use of the girls as girls but as a part of the whole, if you get what I'm driving at (crews generally being predominantly male) They know they smashed it. Mark and Jamelia have just said what I was trying to say - they show the punking bit again. JJ: very very explosive, confidence, took control, great. They should have this I think - encourging words for Luke before JJ confirms Unity are through.

Solist Leroy Bailey versus soloist Kirsten Crane - is that the only solo pairing we've had? I think so! Kirsten performs to Can You Feel It - my fave solo performance across both semi's - different but with elements of MJ stood out, fantastic energy. JJ: energetic, hitting the moves, confident, so different, strong.

Leroy has You Rock My World, break dancing, tight, spirit of MJ again but own stamp. Windmills world record holder! Jamelia and Mark dissing him quite unfairly. JJ: explosive, disagree with them, nailed it, entertaining. I prefer Kirsten but who's it going to be? It's Leroy!

One place left - QMS versus my other faves Animaineax - QMS perform to PYT, great energy, not sure they're original enough though. JJ: enjoyed the performance, very very hot, be a little more aware of each other.

Animaineax dance to Don't Stop Till You Get Enough. Yes, loved it - total performance, slick, fast, fun, brilliant quirkness and originality. JJ: flawless, dynamic, great routine, cool, reminded me of the Jackson Five! Have they got it then? Of course they have, eventually!

The final dance off, Blood on the Dancefloor! JJ puts through Unity - and they're joined by Animaineax! So we have our finalists and - considering I thought they'd have an advantage, the soloists have only the one representative in Ash Mukherjee, the one who is completely different to anyone else. Making up the four are Plague. Live Final 9pm on BBC3 Sunday - we get to choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment