Monday, 21 December 2009

Move Like Michael Jackson ...The Final!

There's a lot of noise, I can barely hear Reggie - but what a Thriller to start, all four acts taking centre stage. Lavelle makes the draw for the head to head and it's the two dance crews Plague and Unity drawn against each other. Unity first to In the Closet and, for me, I found it a bit ordinary, not always as tight in some areas as expected, though a well put together routine, the only stand out bit for me was the cossack-influenced step. JJ: it was a hot performance, very tight, well executed and performed.

Plague dancing to Jam - now that wowed me!And what a move to finish! Superb, sharp, dynamic, exciting, creative, brilliant. JJ: Flawless, up here *raises hand high* Amazing flip (with the straight legged landing) definitely aware of each other, so tight. They must have it - yes, had to be - but the smug one gurning at the audience just might cost you there, Plague - watch that, it's offputting.

Animaineax's (that's the third spelling I've used!) versus Ash - soloist Ash on first to Bad - contemporary Bollywood meets MJ, so unusual and artistic. JJ: There's nothing Ash can't do, talented, out of the box.

Animaineax's to Rock With You - I love these guys, again, so different - celever and inventive choreography - and so bubbly even when not moving! But I think JJ is set on Ash ... however - JJ: highly impressed, very cool, incredible, another spectatular performance. So who's he going with? Animaineax's have it, woohoo!

But that makes it another tough choice for me this weekend! The dance off - out of their comfort zones - incorporate MJ moves into a song by a different artist. Plague to Harder Faster Stronger - it's another creative and innovative performance, slickly danced, including their signature looping move. JJ: Incredible, the gumboot, the performance, unbelievable.

Follow that Animaineax's - I'm already intrigued by the VT (and that doesn't often happen!) Leona Lewis? Bleeding Love? Well, a hip hop version and this is fantastic - love that move, they're down, they come up backwards in slow-mo, like you re-wound - the frozen signature MJ moves - they're getting my vote (which, considering I don't much like that song, I'm amazed at myself) sorry Plague, much as I love you, I love these more - what else can they come up with, there seems to be so much thought put into the choreography for every word of the song. JJ: a slow song but so exciting, unbelievable, the feeling, great, very strong.

While we await the verdict, would-be MJ's, too young for the competition perform a group tribute to an MJ medley - that littlun's no bigger than mine! Love the quote: "If we drop him it would be ...wrong!" Wow, to see such joy in dancing, they were brilliant. A standation, what d'you know! JJ: highly impressed, Michael's legacy. Chipmunk perform, backed by Peridot. I've no idea which one is Alvin, but I do like this song, my feet are tapping.

The Result is in: It's Animaineax's, Yayyyyyyy!!! Great show, nicely done Reggie - you ought to tap up the PTB for a Britain's Best Dance Crew; we can never have too many dance shows :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment