Lots today, the media are gearing up for the usual frenzy of who might be on Strictly Come Dancing this year - Gary Lineker and wife Danielle Bux, maybe Posh Spice Victoria Beckham - ought to go for David, since he's not playing footie now - and Amy Winehouse. They're also after Bill Clinton's daughter and/or mistress, Monica Lewinsky, Kimberley Walsh, Patsy Kensit and Lembit Opik! (This is The Sun I'm quoting, btw) Then, further down the article, they impart the news that it's only a twelve week run! So less couples overall then - back down to fourteen? If they do the double dance weekends like last year, which proved so popular, with all couples doing a ballroom and a Latin before elimination, fourteen fits the equation for a three couple final (assuming they PUT THE CONTINGENCY PLAN IN PLACE: ARE YOU LISTENING, POWERS THAT BE???) And also that at least three shows will come from Blackpool's Tower Ballroom, with more floorspace allowing more fans in to the show. And then it goes on to say how crap the line up was last year - they still don't get it, do they, that actually, we don't care, we'd watch it anyway- the so-called "big names" won't get through because they're a big name - they have to engage us and a brekkie show host did that better than anyone last year.
James Jordan agrees with me about the furore over Arlene's departure, while Ian Waite says it is time for revamp; Kristina talks fashion.
Rumours abound that Pineapple Dance's Louis Spence will take over from Cisco Gomez on the So You Think You Can Dance panel.
An interview with Harry Shum Jr, Glee's amazing streetdancer, Mike Chang.
And finally - Trav's Thought's are in on the Dancing With The Stars Semi Final, show here, results here. I have to agree with Len on Erin and Mak's Paso, a bit funky for me! Very entertaining though. Stunning choreography in Derek and Nicole's Argentine Tango, I particularly loved the final lift. I don't know why they bother with a chair for Bruno, lol! Len sums up Evan and Anna's Paso; their foxtrot is a joy, I dare you not to smile all through it.
I think this season of DWTS has been more enjoyable due to fewer pairs. So SCD might benefit as well from fewer celebrities.
ReplyDeleteI think so too - I find even I start to flag after the 12 weeks!
ReplyDelete