Thursday, 12 November 2009

News in Brief: SCD, DOI, DWTS,

From the Strictly training rooms:

Ali and Brian are excited about having the opportunity to let their hair down this week - there's plenty of flirting, hip swinging and fun in rehearsals!

There have been many points of amusement for Katya in training so far this week, with Phil sniffing his armpits, chewing carrots and blowing his nose throughout rehearsals. Katya has also told him that he looks a bit scruffy and would probably dance better if he dressed a bit nicer for training!

Chris has read up on the Paso dance and discovered that the man is in charge! He took advantage of this by telling Ola she would soon be calling him Mr Hollins! I bet that didn't last long though ...

Natalie is still loving being part of the show since she has reached the halfway point but didn’t quite realise it would get so serious!

According to Anton, he has had shorter relationships than the 12 weeks he has been dancing with Laila! Laila said “Anton and I are sometimes like a married couple. We shout and scream at each other and then he tells me I’ve got to be sexy!” Towards the end of their Rumba routine, Laila started to feel dizzy. Anton, of course, thought this was because she was getting intoxicated by the Rumba and his irresistible charm!

Ricky Groves spoke of his disappointment at losing the public vote and said that you can never tell what will happen, as the last time when the judges slated his dance he still got through! The words Erin used were 'down and out' - come on now, it'll all be different again this week!

Ricky and Natalie had a lot of fun in rehearsals yesterday - Ricky performed a BeyoncĂ© impression which, whilst incredibly entertaining, didn’t impress Natalie apart from giving her the giggles. That clip will probably be tucked away for the end credits on ITT! The fast-paced routine of the Jive seems to be taking its toll on him though, there's a lot of panting, leaning against a wall out of breath and lying flat on his back! Now that's official and not anything to do with rumours touted by the red tops, people - I know how your minds work, now stop it.

In other SCD news, Karen Hardy coaching Phil and Kate from 'The Apprentice' on Live from Studio Five; they'll perform in front of a judging panel on Friday.

Fancy a cruise? Of course you do, and even more so if it's free and you can have dance lessons with Darren and Lilia!

Camilla is a busy busy bee - not only has boyriend Kevin Sacre confimed on Twitter that she's definitely in I'm A Celebrity etc, she's also set to take over from Mr. Motivator as the fitness guru on GMTV!

According to the gossip rags, Vernon Kay is leaving ITV and coming to the Beeb - to take over from Brucie on Strictly! I like Vernon actually, and the only other person I've thought so far that would do a good job is Paul O'Grady. Like I said, that's the gossip rags ...

Ali, Natalie and Zoe have also signed up for the next Strictly tour, joining Ramps, Austin and Kelly, leaving just two places, another from the current crop and one more from an older series presumably. Who would you like to see?

Torvill and Dean say that Dancing on Ice is the toughest reality show on telly - and I'm not going to argue, you wouldn't catch me doing it! Here's a more in depth article with them - ignore the headline, it's not an attack on Strictly *rolls eyes*. It's also reported that Boyzone's Mikey Graham will be taking part as a tribute to Stephen Gately, and that Heather Mills may possibly drop out, due to the pain it's causing her.

Trav's Thoughts are in on both DWTS and SYTYCD, enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Why in the hell is Camilla doing I'm a celebrity?! Have things gotten that bad since she quit SCD - really?

    Glad Natalie is doing the tour. Looks like we need a few more men to sign up though! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine she wants a dream wedding - and at £65k for just three weeks work - I would! I said somewhere else actually - what they earn from their actual dancing gigs, after all the expenses, frocks etc, probably doesn't amount to that much - easy money isn't it, even if you do have to suffer a few bugs!

    Yeah, would have to be boys if it's an even number - my money would go on Phil from this year, or RickyG - has Colin Jackson been on the tour?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, no Colin, so that's possible. I would have thought they'll try to get Ricky W, but with filming I can't see how he can do it :o(

    Would be funny if they got Matt Dawson to do it :o) Can you imagine how competitive he and Austin would be Lol :o)

    ReplyDelete