Tuesday, 18 September 2012

We're gonna party - the Strictly Come Dancing launch show

Normal service is finally resumed on my telly - it's back!


Strictly Come Dancing unveiled the partnerships on Saturday night, welcomed a couple of new faces, danced us through television centre to a funky theme tune - relax, it's only a one off (although I actually really enjoyed the vocals - the band are on form) and let us settle down for more bad Brucie jokes (although the one about the new face on the judging panel - Craig had more work done over the summer - did make me chuckle) tons of fake tan, sequins and the best feel-good show on the telly. I'll say it now - if you're just going to moan your way through it, SWITCH OVER AND LET THE REST OF US ENJOY IT!

I must apologise to Johnny Ball, as I think I may have labelled him a musician before, when he's actually best known as a TV presenter. So I thought, I've mixed him up with Kenny but ... he is actually a musician too, writing the songs and music to accompany his live maths shows - which must be what's stuck in my mind since I was a kid! So there's something you maybe didn't know before!

So which teams are looking strong and which teams will be looking on, enviously?

Fern and Artem - Team Arfer: No dodgy dealings here - why would Artem be moaning, after Fern showed out on the Xmas floor and Sport Relief? She's fun, she can move - be grateful for that, Artem.

Dani and Vincent - Team Vani, the Dancing Munchkins, two small but perfectly formed packages will be looking to follow the yellow brick road all the way.

Victoria and Brendan - Team Brendleton. Brendan thinks he's fit *sniggers* it'll be like Gabby and James all over again! Except hopefully not with the early exit.

Sid and Ola - Team Sola, bringing a ray of sunshine to the floor.

Nicky and Karen - Team Kicky, looking forward to the Jive.

Johnny and Aliona - Team Johniona. A chance to see some less adventurous choreography from Aliona? Will it all add up to some decent scores?

Kimberley and Pasha - Team Kisha already are high on people's lists; if her personality can match her moves - and on the VTs we saw, it looks like it, they should be right up there.

Jerry and Anton - Team Arry should be elegant, shouldn't they? Loved the "I'm hoping to inspire drag queens all over the world" - if she's got a sense of humour, we'll have fun.

Lisa and Robin - Team Robisa we'll all end up adoring, I just know it. Have we ever yet not loved Robin and his partners?

Denise and James - Team Jamise, Essex and Kent come together. She's a pro so he'll have no complaints. I expect some great routines. No pressure.

Michael and Natalie - Team Michalie. I hope she didn't see the World Twenty20 warm up yesterday or Michael will be hit for six ... although if Michael's not sledging* her I'd be very disappointed. *not a euphemism

Louis and Flavia - Team Flouvia should be one to watch - he's fit and can move but he needs to not be too cool.

Richard and Erin - Team Richin will have fun, I think he'll be a great partner for her.

Colin and Kristina - Team Colina are already the ones I want to see do well - Kristina deserved a top 2 finish last year and Colin's just, well, he hangs around with James Bond!

So there they are! I believe it's a similar format to last year, an opening weekend of two shows and no elimination till they've had the chance to dance twice. Keep up to date with all the news and exclusive clips on the official BBC Strictly site here.

Come on!

2 comments:

  1. I'm still loving the look of Colin and Louis, though I am developing a soft spot for Richard and Lisa actually as well :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all excited and have already done many a *facepalm* at the media. They just can't help themselves, can they?!

    ReplyDelete