Thursday, 26 April 2012

Strictly Come Dancing With The Stars: Viva La Divas!

It's been confirmed following months of agonising, stress and manic discussions (not here, obviously) that the new Strictly Come Dancing judge will be former star Royal Ballet principal ballerina, Darcey Bussell.

Photo:BBC

Darcey guested on the judging panel at the end of 2009 and also had a taste on the dance floor too, partnering Ian Waite in a jive.

Purists will be pleased to have an experienced dancer on the panel; I remain to be convinced, as I found Darcey a little too nice and proper then - I'm hoping to see a more feisty side to her! I may be the only one, but I'm going to miss the Bruno/Alesha double act. And I can see them having to put Bruno in a straight jacket, because it just wouldn't seem right to let him manhandle Darcey the way he did Alesha! Maybe they'll put her the other side of Len; I think they may have done before.

Across the pond, Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas are still hanging around at the top of the Dancing With the Stars leader board, having performed a truly fantastic funky samba: Kath's timing is awesome and she really let herself go. I loved it, the most enjoyable celebrity samba I've seen in a while. And Motown night on DWTS means the big Motown stars actually performing live for the dancers - how cool is that? Team Kama, accompanied by the Temptations, scored 29 out of 30 points.


There was also a Motown marathon with all the couples on the floor at the same time; this added a further 10 points to Kama's score, as they saw off the rest of the competition. With the viewer votes added, they made it safely through to next week.

2 comments:

  1. I must admit Scatty - I was disappointed when I heard the news. She wasn't exactly a great guest judge. :o/

    I'm really hoping she'll change my mind when it returns in the Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I would have preferred one of the Karens but I guess Darcey will grow into it :)

    ReplyDelete