Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Zoe Ball replaces Claudia on ITT

The BBC have unveiled radio host and former Strictly Come dancing contestant, Zoe Ball, as Claudia Winkleman's replacement for Strictly It Takes Two.


Zoe was third in Series 3, just losing out to athlete Colin Jackson and runaway winner cricketer Darren Gough - seriously, he was way the most popular, it was so obvious - although both Zoe and Colin were technically more gifted, Darren was the original 'journey' - and much lighter on his feet than you'd think. His and Lilia's Paso is still one of my all time favourites, as is Colin and Erin's quickstep ... and Zoe and Ian's Tango (whose showdance was my favourite of the three) but I digress ... Zoe's perfect to take over from Clauds, she's as mad about the show as the rest of us and been there, done that. Much as I like Denise Van Outen and former winner Natasha Kaplinsky, who were in the running, they're not quite as mad as Zoe and ITT needs that element.


Claudia meanwhile, pregnant with her third child I believe, felt that the six nights a week on Strictly would be a bit too much with a new baby and is focusing on Film2011 and a new show for Channel 4, King of - read all about it here. We're going to miss her ...

1 comment:

  1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! This is very disappointing news for me I'm afraid. Haven't ever liked Zoe Ball as a presenter and I didn't like her as a contestant. :o(

    She definitely had some talent don't get me wrong, but she always fell into the 'over-rated judges favourite' cateogry with me.

    Would have much preferred Denise, but hey ho. Will have to see how I get on with the first week or so of the show with her at the helm.

    Getting ever closer - can't wait to find out who's taking part! :o)

    ReplyDelete