Sunday, 14 November 2010

X-Factor: Katie Does It Again!

And would someone please pass Dermot some throat pastilles. Take That were great, another one that's growing on me.

It's Katie versus Aiden this week, and while what I've seen so far in the show itself and in the sing off, he was pants, Aiden has proved he can be fantastic and the judges have all agreed at various points that's he's the perfect pop star and brilliant. So naturally, when Katie asks them; "Save Me From Myself" (and put everyone else out of their misery) they choose her over him. *doh*

What's the point of blaming Wagner for Aiden going? With Strictly, the judges cast their vote before the audience and then the audience make the final decision. Here, it's the other way around - the judges vote is supposedly there to save the better singer. But all publicity is good publicity - look at the amount of time and energy I'm spending on it and I haven't even watched the show yet! Will blog it soon as ...

Here we go, all with Elton John songs - Rebecca with Candle in the Wind. Class will out, making it all so effortless now; Matt and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - such a contemporary voice adds a whole new dimension to the oldies; Paije and Crocodile Rock, with his voice, it almost becomes Northern Soul, coupla moments, but overall very good, would've preferred Your Song or Are You Ready to really show him off. Mary and Can You Feel The Love Tonight and it's a return to form, the big emotional song sung with the depth it needed; One Direction finally give Harry a solo, he and Liam made me want to wave my arms to The Way You Look Tonight, excellent; Cher and Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word/Mockingbird mash up, strong vocal, musical rap, not so harsh, one of her best performances, really grown into it. Wagner and I'm Still Standing/Circle of Life. You know how a great dance to a song I disliked makes me like it? (Single Ladies, Glee stylee/Bleeding Love/Fight For This Love) Well, I've discovered it works in reverse - I've gone right off Jill's jive ...

Aiden does Rocket Man and this sounded much better overall than the clip I saw, very surprised his vote dropped enough to put him out. Katie with Saturday Night, better than some of her others but the vocal still doesn't work for me, bland. Now then - the Jedward video! If it isn't her, she's got a double, because the chin and face shape, figure, everything, is the spit of her! Slo-mo (hit stop/start alternately from .51 sec, 1.06, 1.29 and 1.47) and check it out for yourself! I am loving a bit of a gossip ...

No comments:

Post a Comment