Monday, 30 August 2010

Strictly Come Dancing Controller Says No More Ratings War With X-Factor!

Jay Hunt basically says that ratings aren't the be-all and end-all for the BBC, quite rightly too.

Hopefully, Auntie Beeb have realised that the only things Strictly Come Dancing and X-Factor have in common are a public phone vote and Saturday night. My mum doesn't watch X-Facor but has been a Strictly fan since its beginnings; my kids only watch the X-Factor auditions to laugh at the idiot ones; I watch Strictly because I love dancing, and X-Factor in the hope that we will find a Luther Vandross or that at least one performance will actually blow me away.

I still believe they'll overlap at some point though, because they're both aimed at the family and therefore have to occupy the tea time slot. But in this day and age, we can see both (@media peeps) really, its not a problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment